A very important image
I’ve always wondered how ppl do this wow
Makeup, reference,cosplay reference,cosplay
FA MULINGLE (im sorry) (no im not) (merry christ mas l ol enjoy ur husband)
i am so sick of u guys’ shit GOODBYE
OOOH. YES THIS MAY BE VERY USEFUL FOR MY NEEDS, ESPECIALLY CAUSE I’LL BE NEEDING TO REWEFT A 6FT WIG AT SOME POINT OR ANOTHER. :> THANK YOU LOVELY. *SPRINKLES GENEROUS AMOUNTS OF DISAPPEARING CONFETTI ONTO YOU*
YOU ARE INCREDIBLY WELCOME I LOVE TO HELP OUT PEOPLE WHO ARE UNSURE AND NERVOUS CAUSE FUCK i”VE BEEN THEEEERRRREEE. He-he Volume in Wig’s tutorial is actually really friggen awesome cause it does the sewing AND the glue method!
GOD SPEED TO YOU GOOD COSPLAYER *salute*
Reblogging because I had no idea you could use a comb to tease the base of the weft roots (as she did with the bangs) so useful ;3; (also rewefting wigs sounds super fun and I’m hoping to do it with a future cosplay where I need a super big wig)
NEW Wind Waker HD Plushies!
These cute babies are available for preorder! They will be released mid Feb. 2014. For more details and where to buy, check out my blog!
OMG I want the zelda
am I going to own a plush Tingle
all signs point to ‘probably’
I NEED Tingle.. and Zelda.. but mostly Tingle.. Oh my gosh.. I HAVEN’T BEEN SO EXCITED ABOUT ZELDA MERCH SINCE FIGMA LINK! omg.. c: Tingle.. TINGLE!
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED TINGLE HOLY FUCKS YES GET IN MY HOUSE
So it has taken me a while to get around to posting this as I was so upset and disappointed that I just threw it in a cupboard and left it.
I bought this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331025968061&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160 from seller hulezhen2011 on ebay.
Now you can clearly see that it says “embroidery” on the sales page and says that it comes with 4 embroided patches, even provides the information on these!
So you can imagine how annoyed I was when it turns up with shitty printed iron on transfers.
These have mostly come off with some gentle heat and pulling but overall; was shit. NOTHING is as described.
I got half the cost of the item refunded, which was cheaper then sending it back for a full refund, and I got to keep the jacket, while inaccurate, it is actually alight but I have no idea what I will use it for.
so yes, first failed ebay purchase in the 8 years I have been using the site, suppose I can’t really complain too much.
Thanks to c-schnieder who made me realise that it was actually way worse, as I was ultimately rose tinting the situation and he was all “noway hozay” (in a less abrupt Mexican way)
My two main costumes for next year & Current Progress
Sasha Braus : Attack on Titan
Grey blouse: (found, need to buy)
Jacket : Bought Trousers : Bought
Shoes : (found, need to buy)
Straps : In Progress
3D Gear : Planned
Wig : TBC
Contact Lenses : TBC
Paladin : Final Fantasy 14
Chainmail : own
Armour : Planning
Material Parts : Planning
Miquote Parts : Planning
Weapons : Planning
How to take your wig from gross to great!
This isn’t a new method at all, but instead my results using this tutorial.
While the before shot is pretty terrible photo quality to begin with, you can see the wig is basically a ratty, gross-looking mess.
- Find a tank or bucket and empty a capful of fabric softener into it (more softener if your wig is longer).
- Add enough water to submerge the wig, and make sure to flip it inside out before you put it in the water. Swish it around to make sure it’s saturated, and then let it soak for a few days. I left mine is for a little over two days, but I would suggest leaving it in closer for the five days the original tutorial suggests.
- Lay the wig out on a towel to dry. I didn’t wash out the fabric softener, and when it was damp instead of dripping, I put it on a wig stand.
- After it’s completely dry, brush through it with a wig brush, or at least a brush with wire teeth. Plastic teeth will create static and no one wants that.
- If you need a wig brush, try checking out beauty stores. Failing that, you can usually find wire brushes at pet stores, and they work as well as any wig brush.
- Spray lightly with dry shampoo or sprinkle with talcum powder. Brush your wig again after a few minutes to help disperse the powder and keep your wig from looking chalky. You may experience a small amount of shedding during the brushing process, but it shouldn’t be anything too severe.
And there you have it!
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
Make-up and wig test, really, and derping around in my GameTee Balamb Garden t-shirt. 1000014/Damien as Irvine. I first did this costume in 2003, remade it twice (but only rewore it once?) and now completely remaking it 10 years later. Ouch. Makes me feel old haha.